Inspired by Hiram- the man I love, and get to wake up to every single beautiful day. Hiram has no bad days. He wakes up happy everyday. He refuses to focus his energy or intention on negativity. Basically he doesn't let anything get him down. He is a being full of love, joy and positivity, all day everyday. What a beautiful inspiration I've been blessed with.
Yesterday I realized what a gift it is, not having to walk on egg shells around him. After two and a half years together- Hiram still wakes up happy everyday and never has unpredictable or explosive mood swings. I finally realize, it is just not how he operates. It's not because he is better than anyone else, or luckier that he can do this, it is because he made the choice a long time that this is how he was going to live his life.
I realize I too have this power, to choose to have no more bad days. I get to choose to make everyday a good day. I'm not a victim of my circumstances, and just because bad things happen to good people everyday, we all still have a choice how we are going to deal with those bad things that happen to us. Are we going to gripe and complain and be angry, bitter and hold a grudge. Or are we going to feel upset in the moment, let it go and move on. Freeing ourselves to feel happy and free again.
When you say "Good morning" to people say "What's good about it?" If so then answer "Everything!" because even the bad things that happen to us, ultimately are for our higher good. Like the old cliche we've heard a million times says, "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger", and any one of us that has survived terrible things in our lives are living testaments to just how true that saying really is.
It's essential not to let all the downers in life bring our good energy and vibrations down. It's difficult not to, especially after they do it year after year. I used to be happy and hyper, laugh and smile all the time, but eventually, people and life broke me down. Now I have to fight to feel that way, and it is a challenge, especially at this time of year. People used to ask me "why are you so happy" with a bitter angry tone. I would always say "because I choose to be". But after years and years of people trying to bring me down, they succeeded. I fell into a deep dark depression that required medication to get me out of.
I knew I was in trouble when I could honestly no longer even remember what it felt like to be genuinely happy. That was a terrifying moment for me because I honestly didn't know if I would ever figure out how to be happy again. I just couldn't find that feeling inside of me.
Fast forward from the past to this present moment. After all the heartaches I've been through over the years, I was granted the most beautiful gift. I found and fell in love with the most beautiful and HAPPY man. A man who is honest, kind, sincere, genuine, LOVING, gentle and beautiful (among many other things on my endless list of good things to say about him!) A man who wakes up happy and even in spite of me, stays that way everyday! What a gift, and inspiration to me.
I get to make the same choice. He deserves to have that in someone too. He shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around me like I have done around other people for so many years. He deserves that same easy breezy carefree attitude and happy energy. He should get to wake up knowing, I will be right there smiling beside him everyday. He shouldn't have to worry what kind of mood I will be in that day. That is a terrible way to live, I did it for most of my life until two and a half years ago.
Happiness is a choice- in every situation and every moment. We cannot control what happens to us but we can control how we respond to it. That doesn't mean we won't feel sadness when a dear friend or family member passes on, or that we won't get angry when someone wrongs us. It just simply means that we don't dwell on those feelings. We feel what we feel, then we let it go. We don't talk about it and vent and keep our energy and intentions on any negative space. Taking it a step furter we eliminate any unnecessary or controllable negative influences from our lives and we make the conscious effort to do the things that bring us happiness and joy.
We make the choice how we respond in any given situation. Do we talk about the bad thing that happened to us over and over and keep our focus on the negative. Or do we let that part go and talk about positive things, how we handled it and how we are moving on? I vote for the latter. Eliminate the negative. Make the conscious choice to be happy and to spread happiness everyday.
A smile, laughter and happiness is contagious. We all share way too much negativity, its time to replace it and start sharing happiness and positivity. Time to remember what it feels like to be happy and feel good. Let's start today. Make today a good day, and then tomorrow and the next day and the next day after that. Let's start consciously being aware of the negativity in our lives and replacing it with positivity.
Who's with me??? 365 good days, every year! Find the positive in every situation! Life life to the fullest! Spread the cheer! :)
My next blog post will list tools I am currently using to help make "no more bad days" and to fight of the impending winter blues!
No comments:
Post a Comment