He's hilarious. Aren't kids great. If only I'd documented more of the adorable things he said and did when he was younger. I like many parents, think I will always remember and as each new year passes, I remember less and less of those memories from the past. When he was a baby, I remember having the camera in hand and taking pictures and short videos all day everyday. Yet now I look back through those videos and it doesn't seem like very many at all, I wish I had more, many more. It's so easy to forget to write something cute your kids say down, or to leave the camera at home, and is also easy to forget all these special moments.
You can never take too many pictures or videos of your kids (or your fur kids if you don't have human children). You probably won't remember every cute thing they said or did, so document it. Keep that camera/video camera in hand, and take pictures, even when you feel like you've already taken a million, take a million more.
You will be so glad you did when those precious younger years are gone forever.
1 comment:
I couldn't agree with you more, Kadee! One of the best purchases we made when we first started out was a Video-8 Sony camcorder. It seemed like such an indulgence at the time, but the videos we have are so priceless now.
We took the kids with us on our 10 year anniversary vacation - the first for our family - and got so many pictures and videos. When we went again the following year I was having some real trouble with migraines on the boat and made the misjudgement that we should spend more time without the cameras. Since we've gotten home I realize just how wrong I was. I miss having those visual representations to reinvigorate my memories.
All is not lost, though. If you keep a separate journal for those types of things, you may find that you remember little details at times, and if you strive to capture them... more may come.
We can only hope to do better as we learn the lessons of the past. If we keep looking and learning, the future will be so much brighter. Life is too full of could-have-been's
Post a Comment